Tuesday, May 4, 2010

7 month update

I can't believe my little man is already 7 months! He seems to have grown more this past week than ever before. He weighs 19.4 lbs (55th percentile) and is 28.3 inches long (75th percentile). A couple of new things he has been doing lately are:
- army crawling...At the moment, he does it only when he really wants something. After a point though, he gets frustrated and doesn't want to make the effort.
- he started saying ma-ma and ba-ba. I love hearing him say ma-ma so much and can't wait till he starts saying it when he is referring to me.
- he is teething again which means quite a few fussy moments during the day (and night!). He sucks on his thumb, wrist, anything that he can get into his mouth.
- his naps are getting pretty nonexistent...(unfortunately for me!!)...they are averaging 30 minutes and he may get 2 a day. The good part of that though is at 7:30pm, he is wanting to go to bed and sleeps hard till the next morning. I love that he wakes up and is content to play in his crib by himself until 8:30 or so...Nice! I know karma is going to get me with the second one.

Wyatt had a playdate with two of his other friends: Cleo and Daniel. Daniel is 4 days younger than Wyatt. It cracks me up because Wyatt usually doesn't care when toys are taken away from him, but he is slightly distressed to see the other kids having so much fun with HIS toys...and he is trying to take them back.

What a handsome little guy! This pic does not make him look like a 7 month old..he seems like a toddler already!
There are some hills behind our house where there are some horse stables. I'm always finding the horses in the oddest places...on the playground, crossing the street, etc. I took some pics of the gorgeous fall colors in the neighborhood. It's great to have four definite seasons..but the flip side of fall/winter is the smog. You can see the haziness in this pic. I mean, you can barely see the mountain in the background..(!)Thankfully we'll be in the States for part of the winter.
We got Wyatt a little riding truck for us to push him around in. I love how he puts his feet up when he's in it and just takes it easy. By the way, that is correct...you do see a baby doll in the "trunk" of the car. Surprisingly, the doll came with the car...already inside the trunk. I don't know what to make of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers