Sunday, March 11, 2012

3 months,RSV, and life

Yes..our little Hayes turned 3 months on the 1st...and also got RSV. It was horrible to hear such a little guy have such a terrible cough and I hated to see him sick. On top of that, Wyatt became sick and is currently on a 10 day antibiotic regimen. For a while there, I spent days without ever stepping outside, and it was driving me insane. Alas, we are getting better and there is light at the end of the tunnel..Phew!
Even though Hayes was sick, he still was in constant smiles! (Note: I didn't pose him like this...!)
There has to be motivation (usually in the form of Goldfish or a lollipop) for Wyatt to pose with his baby brother. I have to be quick with the camera and usually can only get one pic in. Wyatt is finally getting around to acknowledging that his baby brother exists. For the past few months, his method of coping with Hayes has been to ignore. It's been really cute lately to see Wyatt lean down to Hayes' eye level and show him his race car and then ask him if he needs to go to the hospital...(Every time we sit down to play with his race cars, aliens, dinosaurs, etc..one of them will inevitably need to go to the hospital at some point. One of their fellow alien/dinosaur friends will perform the operation..(which is usually to the head)..and then prescribe them a treatment of going to Subway for a roast beef sandwich.
Wyatt playing with his rocket ship. Notice that the robots are reclining on the upper floor. They are recovering from a traumatic head injury that was caused by a space truck falling on them.
Matt was reading from the airplane book at bedtime the other night, and both boys seemed to be transfixed!
Loves his baby!
I'll save another post for the little things that I want to remember and record about Hayes during his first year. There is one thing, though, that is huge and has helped me get back a piece of my sanity......
Hayes is sleeping through the night! (insert Hallelujah chorus, the clouds parting, etc.)
He goes to bed at 7pm at the latest and then wakes up around 6:30am. With Wyatt, I had to rock him to sleep for a long time and with this one, he is already out before I can even get a song in. Granted, he doesn't sleep much at all during the day...but I'll take a full night's sleep over not being able to get much done during the day.

1 comment:

  1. I really, really wish we lived closer. How I would love to hang out with you guys, and those little men.

    The pictures are just fantastic. The cuteness is almost too much for me to bear. :)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers