Tuesday, August 25, 2009

You want me to bring what?!


So the hospital has a list on their website as to what expectant mothers need to bring to the hospital when they give birth. Google Translate is our friend in this household..but some words just don't translate. The 4th line down says that I need to bring 3 or 4 "ositos"....now apparently that comes across as "little bears"...which perplexed the rest of my expat friends over here..because surely they don't expect me to bring teddy bears to the hospital. I was thinking that I could modify some scrubs for Major and Molly and have them pose as the "little bears" that I'm supposed to bring with me. Apparently, ositos are the sleepers for the baby. I figured this out when I met with my midwife for the first time and things were getting lost in translation and so she did a good job of drawing the items on a piece of paper..until I was like "Oooh...you mean a onesie.." Lucky for her, I was good at Pictionary and she didn't have to go into too much detail before I caught on. Loretto (my midwife) may be asking for a raise by the time Wyatt gets here.

1 comment:

  1. Alie gave me the address for your blog. I'm so glad I can follow about your life in Chile and baby Wyatt. We are having a baby boy too, in Dec. Maybe someday they will meet and play together. We are thinking about the name Kane. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers