Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Our Babymoon...



This post is way over due since we took this trip back in July...but oh well. Matt and I took a trip to San Pedro de Atacama which is an oasis in the Atacaman desert in northern Chile. I was 7 months pregnant at the time and it was our last big trip as a family of 2. We had our own tour guide which was great! One of the places that we went to was a salt flat that herds of flamingoes flock to for food. It's crazy..because you can see snow capped volcanoes in the background.



A closer look at the salt flat


















Matt and me while I'm big and pregnant. Wyatt didn't want to miss out on a photo op.

















We went to some outlying areas that had lots of petroglyphs..which are drawings that were made by primitive people that lived in that region a long time ago. I was excited because I found a petroglyph of a pregnant llama. If you look hard, you can see the baby llama in her belly. I felt as if I had a large pack animal in my belly and wanted to pose alongside.

















I think this place is nicknamed "Dragons Scales" because of the crazy rock formations in the background. San Pedro is so great..b/c the setting can change so fast from desert to mountain.

















So...we went to this rural village where they were having a religious celebration and honoring a certain saint. They even had their pets and livestock get fancy for the occasion. Notice that the baby llama has a fabulous necklace on. I know..I'm sure you can feed llamas at petting zoos and it isn't that fascinating of an event...but they were just too cute not to include.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to show these to Emmy, who is *obsessed* with llamas! :)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers