Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wyatt....meet Squash and Carrots!

So...we started Wyatt on food last week. The menu: squash and carrots. I had the idea that as soon as Wyatt saw the spoon full of bright orange gelatinous goo, he would be so excited that he would open his mouth wide and happily gobble it all up. Well, I don't know why I thought things would go as planned with a 5-1/2 month old...Poor little guy. He didn't have the luxury of having rice cereal to slowly introduce his little taste buds to new tastes and texture...We had to dive head first into the vegetable world. The woman in the clip is Lucy, our nana, who absolutely loves Wyatt and vice versa. She is Peruvian and hopefully Wyatt will pick up a few bits of Spanish from her before we go back to the States in a few years. I practice as much as I can with her..but I know that most of what I say probably makes no sense and I am impressed that she doesn't fall down laughing because of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers