Saturday, April 17, 2010

Stop calling my baby a girl!

I have heard "She's so cute!" and "How old is she?" multiple times in the past month or so in regards to Wyatt...so I finally decided that his long locks really needed a trim. I gave his first trim at 4 months or so..but I don't think I did the best job and wanted to have someone more professional do it this time.
I had no idea how much I was attached to his long hair until I saw the hairdresser cutting his hair pretty short. I thought I was going to cry and realized that it was too late to go back now and that in time his hair will grow. In hindsight, I think that the hairdresser asked me if I wanted it short..but at the time, I couldn't understand what he was asking me..and so I gave the answer that I often give people here when I don't understand them..I say "Yes."
Wyatt definitely looks like a little boy now and should NOT be mistaken for a baby girl anymore. I definitely am thankful that the hairdressser did not give my baby a trendy Chilean mullet..which is very popular down here. Short in the front and long in the back.
I realize that it looks better..but I feel that it makes my baby look older..which I don't like. I feel like he doesn't look so much like a baby anymore. Anyways..here are the Before and After shots. What do you think?
BEFORE
AFTER

2 comments:

  1. I think the haircut is adorable! The first big haircut is always the hardest (on Momma). Give him lots of hugs and kisses for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looks so cute!! merit was mistaken for a boy so much when she was a baby that i still haven't cut her hair. i mean, wearing a pink flowerdy dress and someone asks "how old is he?" really? anyway, wyatt looks super cute and still very babyish! and i will be praying for your friend's little girl. i cannot even imagine.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers